In line with the “Play Safe, Stay Safe” framework issued to golf clubs by England Golf for the resumption of play following the easing of the COVID 19 lockdown, the Sharnbrook Golf Club requires all members to strictly adhere to these safety rules, irrespective of their vaccination status.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PLAY IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19, HAVE RECEIVED A POSITIVE TEST RESULT OR HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO SELF ISOLATE
- 4 Ball games are permitted but limited to 9 holes only. You must join the queue if you wish to play a second round.
- Green-fee paying members and guests will only be accepted by prior arrangement with, and payment to, the Treasurer
- Members must tee off from 1st tee
- Tee times will be at 12 minute intervals starting on the hour on a first come first served basis
- Cars should be parked away from other vehicles wherever possible
- Wait in your vehicle, or socially distanced, until it is your turn to commence play
- Bags should be placed in line opposite the cabin to indicate order of play
- All players must respect the 2 metre social distancing rule at all times, both on and off the course, including with the greens staff
- Do not shake hands before or after play
- Players should wash/sanitise hands prior to the start of play and again after play if possible
- Buggy users must wear gloves when handling the padlocks and chains on the gates
- The greens staff have priority on the course – you must give way to them at all times
- Do not touch any fixed surfaces, including the flag sticks, ball washers, benches, bell, divot mix boxes etc at any point during play
- To avoid any risk from the touching of stiles or fences, the retrieval of balls from adjacent fields is forbidden
- Do not touch anything that is not yours!
- Please repair or tidy the sand in bunkers using your club or feet only. Rakes will not be available during this period
- Do not delay play by looking for balls – it is essential to keep moving
- Clean and tidy away all clubs and equipment and leave the premises promptly after play
- The club house will remain locked and unavailable but the toilets in the cabin will be available. You must record use on the signing sheet for track & trace purposes.
- There will be no benches on the course
During this period, the Committee members will be monitoring golfers for compliance with these rules. Any observations of non-compliance could risk individual sanctions or even re-closure of the course.
Thank you for your understanding.